Kedarkantha winter trek Experience





I had a dream of seeing the Himalayan ranges. Finally, my dream is fulfilled with unforgettable memories. The expedition journey from Mysore to Delhi via train with a group of friends was really thrilling. We touched everyone’s hearts to understand each other. Spending two days on a train journey is terrible, and I understood how a human being can stay in one place without doing any activity just by eating three meals each day. How to adjust to the available space. When we reached the base camp at Sankri, the real feeling of cold started. How our body reacts and adjusts to the freezing temperature was not below 1 degree at the Sankri location. Maybe it was around 5 degrees temperature. The trekking started from the Sankri location to Juda Ka Talaab with mild cold weather. I didn’t have any feeling and just moved on with the group. Slowly, while climbing up, the weather changed to a cold feeling. I didn’t feel anything because it was daytime. After reaching the Juda Ka Talaab camp site, the temperature decreased to a low level; I felt a little freezing. Anyway, I was well prepared for the tough treks, so I managed the cold. During the night hours the temperature even got worse; my toes started freezing, and I was unable to bend my fingers inside my shoes. Little discomfort happened; during that time I felt how the Himalayan ranges push cold to lower-level temperatures. We are around 11 people in the group, each of them having different body reactions, different mind setups, and different thinking. What I learned is we need to adjust to all people with their environment because we are in the same boat. When we reached the base camp of Kedarkantha, the real feeling of the Himalayan trek started inside of me by seeing the endless peaks, beautiful clouds, cold breeze, freezing cold, freezing sleeping bags, and the packs of snow around me; it was just a heaven. I could not express my feelings as I just soaked inside the snow-covered area. The nights of the camp were just amazing, pains in the body or swellings in the toes disappeared by seeing the beauty of nature. The day of the summit at night around 2 AM, it was thrilling to walk along the snow-covered area; my group mates got some problems in health, but they also ignored the bad conditions, just as they moved on. By following the light, I just moved ahead and met many trekkers who wanted to see the sunrise on the peak side; in between tea stalls, I was given some relief. As I moved on towards the peak side, I was just around 1 KM away from the peak a little discomfort happened; it’s because of the high altitude. Even thought if I push myself, the temperature used to stop my moves a little slower. As I moved up, it was around 6:30AM at the peak side. I felt overwhelmed by seeing the endless mountain range of the Himalayas and took a deep breath to enjoy the beauty of God's creation at the peak. I just clicked a few pictures of Peak in the freezing temperature. I was not able to open my gloves to click the pictures, even though I manage to click few pics, I captured the beauty of Peak visuals. There I felt life is really beautiful when you attain your dream. Kedarkantha is not a trek; it’s a heaven, it’s a lesson; it tells the unbelievable creation of God; no human can create more than this beauty of nature.

While descending from the peak, I enjoyed the snow-covered mountains, just rolling around on snow to feel the soul. It’s an incredible journey for me. These mountains always pull me back. Reaching the summit, I felt a mix of emotions: none of our teammates had made it on time with us. But when I heard the news that they also reached peak, I was overjoyed that everyone’s dream had come true because we were on the same boat.

The entire journey was unforgettable, etched in my memory forever.

It is a life-changing experience! the challenges, and the sheer beauty of the Himalayas really brings it to life. It’s amazing how nature can test us, teach us patience, and fill us with awe all at once. Kedarkantha truly seems like a trek that leaves a lasting imprint on the soul.

Thank you

Comments